Merry Christmas from Spain

So this is Christmas....There are so many different images and styles as we remember Joseph and Mary with their baby Jesus. Here are just a few...










Of course, the historical event was so long ago that it´s hard to imagine what it was really like.

This year we have a baby of our own around for Christmas and it´s made me think more about what it must have been like for Joseph and Mary. I have all the comforts of the 21st century and still it can be wearisome and overwhelming at times. What was it like for them? I can´t get away from thinking about Jesus´ parents and all that went through their minds as they started off on their journey of protecting and nurturing the Son of God. What responsibility!

What is it like this year for you?

I´m enjoying the activities of the season... cold weather, colored lights, hot chocolate, baking cookies. We spend our days listening to Christmas music on AOL, filling and finishing lots of baby bottles, changing lots of diapers and catching naps whenever we can. I´m still not sleeping a whole lot but am enjoying this period while Aaron is so small, knowing that it will pass by quickly.

We wish we were closer so that we could come visit you during this holiday season but, alas, it´s just not possible right now. Hopefully we´ll be able to come when Aaron is a little bit bigger.

In the meantime, I wanted to send Christmas greetings your way from our house. I hope this year is filled with lots of laughter and memory-making moments. May your reflections on the first Christmas fill you with the hope of forgiveness and freedom and the joy of  new beginnings.

Merry Christmas!







Comments

  1. What a gorgeous baby you have Jill... I'm so happy for you!

    Such a cute video, it brings me back memories of my eldest son's first Christmas, he was more or less Aaron's age (and now he's 4!) It makes me realise that time flies, enjoy every minute of it, Jill!!

    I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year 2010!God bless you all. Lots of love

    Elena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts