Block Head Blunders and Nice Christmas Trees


Being married to a Spaniard provides the ongoing opportunity to share about American traditions all year long, especially during Christmas. So, we´re working on the magic of Christmas Eve and the mystery of filled stockings on Christmas Day.

I worked hard to gather fun things to put into our stockings with plans to fill them during one of Aaron´s late night feedings on the 24th. I hid the items well thinking, "Ruben will NEVER look in here." They were well-hidden to maintain the surprise effect.

The surprise came early for me when I went to the place I remember hiding the goods and they weren´t there. I looked everywhere and cannot find the MnMs, the Nestle Crunch, the new underwear, the colorful socks. Our house isn´t that big....and yet, they still have not turned up.

I blame the mix-up on my sleep deprivation from the last 3 months. Ruben says that maybe I just imagined buying the stocking stuffers....but I KNOW I bought them because I have the receipt. I don´t think they got thrown away because we recycle everything. So, I´m hoping that they´ll turn up sometime soon.

So, that was my blockhead blunder for the season. At least we have a nice looking little tree. :-) I can identify with Charlie Brown in moments like these. He´s one of my favorites, especially at Christmas time. This is one of my favorite episodes of Charlie Brown and it recalls the historical moment from which the holiday Christmas comes. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts