What a Nice Nook

I am absolutely loving the fact that we have returned to our "pueblo" of Sant Vicenç de Castellet.

This morning it was sooooo quiet here. Our apartment building looks out to an interior courtyard along with 3 other buildings. Sometimes we hear neighbors talking on their patios and there is an occasional late-night party....but in general, it´s super calm, especially in the mornings.

Another thing I like about our town is that it really is a "pueblo." I usually walk and take the stroller, but this morning as we were running short on time, I took the car. (And we know that int he life of a 2-year-old, every minute counts, right?) It takes a mere 5 minutes (or less) in a car to be in the center of town.

My son and I played ALL MORNING at home and then in the last hour before lunch we left the house to go to the store. We parked the car, got in a 25-min. visit at one of the children´s playgrounds and still had time for 3 errands: the bakery (which was on the way to the playground,) the fish market (literally 10 steps away,) and the butcher shop (just 2 blocks away.) I carried my little one in my arms from one shop to another while he cried his heart out over having to leave the playground.

At the fish market I had a nice conversation with teh owner, Inma. This fish market wasn´t here when we last lived in Sant Vicenç. She told me that it had just opened 6 months ago. I was happy to meet her and to try out a new option for one of our favorite purchases, salmon.

At the butcher´s shop, the attendant, Eva, recognized me right away from when I lived here before. "¡Hombre! ¡Cuanto tiempo sin verte!" ("Man...it´s been so long since I´ve seen you!") I explained to her how we had moved away but now we´re back. She marveled at  how much little one has grown. Of course, she knew me before I was pregnant. She saw him when he was first born. It was fun to see a friendly face and pleasant to be able to make small talk this morning. I fel almost as if I were at home.

If you´d like to get a peek at what our little village actually looks like, click several times on the image below to get a closer-up view or click on the phrase "View Larger Map" which will take you to the Google Maps page. You can take a virtual walk around town and get a glimpse of what life looks like in our little corner of the world. Hope you can stop by soon!


View Larger Map

Comments

Popular Posts