A GIANT Welcome


At the end of May my mom came for about 10 days to watch our little one so that we could do some of the heavier packing and take some loads by car to our newest residence. 


On the very day she arrived, Terrassa greeted her with a parade of dozens of "gegants" or giants. These figures are quite common in the festivals of Catalunya and also the Basque country. This particular gathering was made up of "Giants" clubs from several neighboring cities in honor of the president of the "Giants" clubs, Antoni Messeguer, who died 2 years ago.

My husband and 2-year-old were with my mother and me as the parade or "cercavila" passed by. While these giants were quite overwhelming and scary for our little one, they added life and brought joy to my mom who ran around taking photos. 

Definitely a fun and cultural way to start off her visit!



Comments

Popular Posts