Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

It's been 7 months since my last blog entry. I have added a new role as "mommy," while still trying to maintain all my other "me's" and now lately I've just been trying to catch my breath and a few winks so as not to fall head first from weariness into my gazpacho at dinner at 23:00h.

While it hasn't been THAT long, my soul has also struggled during these months to stay connected to the One who holds me together. We communicate still, but it seems that my communication is a bit one-sided at times and maybe a bit monotonous. My days haven't had much margin and I've been feeling like I'm on a treadmill....

...but I sense a refreshing wind blowing this fall. We just moved to a new city. After several years of a quiet and sometimes lonely life in the pueblo, I am finally meeting new people here and I'm loving it. A new school year is starting and I'm ready to for some New School Year Resolutions. (The beginning of the year has always been September for me, not January.)

My first resolution is to take control of the rhythm of my life. I like the pattern of "rhythm and rest, rhythm and rest." The idea of working hard and playing hard and resting well. The stillness that I enjoyed in the pueblo will come in handy now living in a bigger city.

Two songs that I've come across in the last week help to summarize this desire, this resolution of mine. I've included the videos below. Enjoy!

"Breathe" by Anna Nalik
"Say Anything" by Josiah Gillespie

Comments

  1. I like the new school year resolution. Why wait till Jan?

    I too am excited about a new rhythm.

    Thanks Jill. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts