Beauty in Motion

Almudena Cid is a Spanish Rhythmic Gymnast who caught my eye during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. She actually caught my attention during an interview she gave before final days at the games.

When I was young I competed in artistic gymnastics. It was during these years that rhythmic gymnastics appeared on the scene. My fellow gymnasts and I looked down on it, not counting it a real sport. But now, after watching Almudena and hearing her interview, my opinion has changed about this sport.

She´s the only woman to have competed in 4 Olympic Games: Atlanta, Sydney, Athens and Beijing. Amazing! She has been suffering from chronic injuries and will retiring at the end of these Olympics. This is her final routine. I wanted to share it because she inspires me and that she exudes such grace and beauty as she performs. Enjoy!

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20080823/jjoo08_-ejercicio-cinta-almudena-cid/265577.shtml#

If you want to try to watch the interview, here it is.

Comments

Popular Posts