When In Rome....

To celebrate our first wedding anniversary, we took advantage of our strategic European location to hop over to visit our "cousin culture" in Italy. It was a quick trip but a special opportunity to take a Roman holiday.


My favorite moments were just wandering around the city. We found this workshop with lots of Pinocchios and other wordworks. We ate great ice cream. We enjoyed a late night view of the Pantheon and we caught a magnificent sunset at the top of the Spanish steps.




































A random anecdote from our time there....We'd been wandering A LOT and all I wanted to do was shop for clothes. Of course, we were on a limited budget which did not include shopping. So, we enjoyed window shopping. Every shop window is filled with the most fashionable clothes and the streets are a literal catwalk as just about every Roman man or woman dresses to the hilt, whether formal or informal. I was thinking to myself..."It's probably just a girl-thing. Maybe I could save my money and come back one day with some girlfriends to shop." Just about that time, Ruben turns to me and says, "I'd like to come back some time to shop." "Me too!" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe we'd been thinking the same thing. Anyway, whether we ever go back or not, it was a fun moment!

















We headed back to our hotel to pack and get ready for our flight home the next day. My thoughts had begun to turn toward the holidays right around the corner. Just at that moment, we passed a dry cleaner's store and what should I see through the window but Santa's suit, all pressed and ready to go! Seems I'm not the only one looking toward the holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts