Our Little Village

So, we've been in Sant Vicenç de Castellet (which is Catalan for St. Vincent of the little castle) for 4 months. One benefit of being without a car is that it's forced us to use our FEET! On a clear day in March we went exploring and wandered up a hill toward the "castle" that we see lit up each night. It was actually a hermitage from many centuries ago. It was restored in 2003. From its height you can look down into our little village. I haven't figured out yet exactly who St. Vicent of the Little Castle was. For now I'm content with new neighborhoods to explore and new customs to learn.

It's a strange feeling for me....somewhat Twilight Zone and somewhat dream-like....in this new place that we've come to live. There are days when I feel like I am living in a fairy tale of ancient Europe and that one day I will wake up to reality. There are other days that I feel so deeply planted in the 21st century as I stay connected with friends around the world through blogspots and facebooks and email and SMS's.

I can't wait to see what's next!

Comments

Popular Posts