Changing the World


Yesterday I went to the pueblo of Lillet with a group of "young people" (30-somethings) from my church. We went to a garden called Jardines Artigas designed by Antoni Gaudí.

There were about 30 of us. It was a beautiful day and a great opportunity to have one-on-one conversations and to make some special memories.


The garden itself is amazing. After reflecting a bit on the artwork and the symbolism found there, I turned my thoughts to the artist. He was an amazingly gifted man. All of Barcelona is marked by his work and it's known all over the world. Did he set out trying to influence the world or was he just being himself and using the gifts that he was given?

I must confess that it's fascinating to me to see the impact that certain individuals can have on a culture, in a country, during a certain era in history.
I do believe in the power of one, the potential that each of us has to mold and shape the world around us....the opportunity to speak up and make our voice known....whether on an individual level or a local level all the way to a national or international level. I'm learning, though, that the key is focusing more on the dreams of the heart and the steps required to get there rather than the idea of making an impact becoming the goal itself.

My newest challenge is learning to wait and listen and watch as a new chapter of life unfolds for me; and to begin to think not just in terms of me and my dreams....but now to think in terms of US and OUR dreams and what we'd like to accomplish in this lifetime. For Ruben, it's more of a day-to-day walk whereas for me I always want to know the end goal before I even start. We make a good team, bringing balance to one another. Through patience and persistence I believe that we're going to create even richer dreams (and hopefully bring them into reality) as we work on it together. If we can change the world for good in the process, even better!

Comments

Popular Posts