Happy Thanksgiving!

So, it creeps up on me EVERY year...I actually really LOVE the holiday of Thanksgiving and want to be one of those who really takes advantage of the sentiment to reflect and deeply appreciate the blessings in my life.

The problem is that the end of November always shows up before I realize it and I don´t have time to do that reflecting that I really want....taking inventory of my life, or at least my year, of all the good things in my life, especially those that I didn´t deserve but received anyway.

If I sat and made a list now I know that I´d miss some things...but here are a few thoughts for Thanksgiving 2009:

*for my husband who is my friend and my partner in life.
*for my new little son. With only 2 months of life he brings such joy.
*my parents...their generosity and kindness toward me. I´m especially grateful for the visit they made to see us in September.
*for my brothers who are far away. Although we aren´t in touch as often as I´d like, I´m grateful for them and the roots and history that we share from childhood.
*for my faithful friends that call and write and take the initiative with me in spite of my lack of initiative and my scatteredness
*for Facebook which has helped to put me back in touch with many of those friends
*for my health....Although my belly looks like a road map now (having had 2 different abdomnial surgeries) I feel surprisingly good. I´m almost ready to start running again.
*for the new directors at work. Their leadership can be seen in bringing order to our organization, maximizing the gifts of those who work there and improving relationships among us. What an encouragement they are to me.
*for my team of financial investors who make it possible for me to work full-time in our non-profit organization, brining help and hope to others.
*for the God who created me and knows me and rescued me. He has been so faithful to me and has not given up on me. Yeah!
*for time....when coupled with grace it heals wounds; when coupled with patience it brings understanding; when coupled with suffering it brings perseverance, character and hope.

Okay....I may add to the list over the Thanksgiving weekend....but these are a few things that have come to mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular Posts