Lots of Changes A Comin'

So, it's been 5 months since my last entry...and a lot has happened since then.

I have been working on a one-year project by serving at a language academy in a town nearby. I thought it would be a great chance to get out of the house, meet new people and use my teaching skills and my English knowledge. I teach 5 different levels of English. The students range from 10 years- old to 50 years-old and I work with a good number of high-school and university students. I'm learning a lot! It's been a good experience. I will be there until the end of June.

Then, in January, we found out that I am pregnant! It's good news because we were trying to get pregnant. The main challenge is that I've had terrible morning sickness, nausea and vomitting, that really comes throughout the day and into the night. In addition, I've had a headcold for the last 3 weeks that I can't seem to shake. So, up to now, I don't feel so great. Ruben has been so great in helping around the house and helping to prepare meals. He's been very patient in the midst of these new circumstances. We're just taking each day as it comes. This past weekend I just completed 15 weeks.

Spring is finally here in our little pueblo. The sun is shining and the flowers are starting to bloom. These things help to make this period of illness a little more pleasant.

So, that's the latest. I'll try to add more as the weeks go along.

Happy Spring!

Comments

  1. Jill! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I will pray your sickness ends soon. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts