Portraits of Hope

Although I try not to write too much about work on my personal website, I wanted to mention this event because it's taken up a big portion of my life the last 4 months. Our organization has been wrestling with growing pains almost since I arrived in Barcelona. I've witnessed lots of changes in the last few years.

The time had come to consolidate, focus everyone on the same goal and challenge us to move forward with new motivation and hope for the future. What better way to do that than to learn from those who've come before us?

The theme, RETRATOS(or PORTRAITS), was created to help us remember and celebrate heroes of the faith from the past and those personal heroes who've invested in us; and to inspire us to live with the same perspective. We looked together at the challenges facing Abraham, Joshua and Caleb and Joseph and the personal steps of faith they took to overcome them.

I worked closely with Edi Souto, Isabel Fernandez and Natan de Souza to bring this gathering to life. The planning aspects (organization and delegation) were fun for me. It definitely was a positive moment for us as a staff family.

Below there are a few photos from the weekend. Ruben was there by my side supporting and encouraging me as I worked. He even participated the first night in a local version of the t.v. show: Identity!

I think the gathering had a positive impact on our staff. I'm now looking forward to
what's coming next! Should be exciting!

























Comments

Popular Posts