Cat Herding

I've been away for quite some time from my blog and the truth is that I miss being here! It really does me good to sit down and put my thoughts into words, images and music.

I've been occupying myself with a new project at work. I'm helping to coordinate a national staff conference. Although my title is officially Conference Director, I'm really just trying to keep up. I'm an American in Spain, you see, and I'm still learning how things are supposed to work here. While Spain is not known for its organization and expediting skills, it is known for its creativity and spontaneity.

This poses a challenge for one who is supposed to be organizing and expediting. I'm learning a lot about myself and about how to work in Spain. I have not figured it out yet. In the process I'm experiencing a lot of different emotions. Today I was reminded of a video that cleverly describes the challenges that I'm facing as I try to go about this task. (link below) Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts