Feeling Fall-like

It just occured to me that even though you know that I live in Spain, you may not have a clear picture of what life is like for me.

So, I'd like to dedicate the next few blogs to painting a picture for you. Hopefully you'll be able to appreciate the world of contrasts that I experience here, while at the same time you'll also be able to see that it's not so different here after all.

This first picture is the view from our extra bedroom (the back side of our house) which also serves as my at-home office where I send emails and make phone calls.

It's a beautiful October day here in Sant Vicenç, just like you might experience in Burlington, NC or San Marcos, TX. The only thing missing is hearing people speak English, plans to go to the local (American) football game and a quick stop at the 7-11.

HOWEVER, this is a sight you might not see every day (not one that we see every day either). Last week Ruben and I were talking with a neighbor when this horse and cart rolled down the street. All of a sudden I was whisked back in time with a visible example of the transportation of goods. With all the modern technology swirling around, there's something comforting about a simple cart and horse that keeps us a bit closer to the earth and our humanity.

What are the chances he might rent out his cart and horse for a fall hay ride?

Comments

  1. Anonymous17.10.07

    you know, I love that, you just never know what you can get in Spain. Nice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts